Friday, June 5, 2009

M.O.C.A.

Perfect fit 80s dress: Thrifted
Black cross body bag: diegoldenegans.etsy.com
Bowler hat: Target
Black ballet flats: Department store in the mall I can't remember, years ago.


Just a quick post tonight! Bettie, my boyfriend, and a few of her friends and I went to Cleveland's Museum of Contemporary Art today for the opening of their new exhibit, which I believe was called "There goes the neighborhood." We got there at the tail end of it, but I was glad I got to see it, mainly because it was free :P And a good excuse to wear this dress, too! It fits perfectly and is incredibly comfortable, but I just don't think it's suited for day time. The bowler hat was an experiment...thoughts?!




There were soooo many stylish people there, but most of them were leaving as we came in. I did however get up the courage to ask one girl to let me take a shot of her outfit. Probably the best one in the whole gallery! Very friendly too, thank goodness!




She even turned out to be one of the artists! Her name is Amy Casey and you can find her awesome work here, which kind of reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle. Unfortunately the pictures of Bettie didn't turn out, BUT! She's visiting on Monday and we are definitely taking photos ^_^. Anyway, blah, time to hit the hay. I work weekends at a book store (Saturday as a barista and Sunday as a cashier) and I've been spoiled with my weekdays off taking my classes online and working on the store, but it's back to the ole 9 to 5 tomorrow! Yuck.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your nice comment! I adore your hat! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brocade skirt of that dress is gorgeous! You look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're both too kind! Thanks :D <3

    ReplyDelete