Friday, July 3, 2009

Fat Love Friday #3




























First is Norwegian blogger, Muija! I found her on Flickr and was thrilled to find out she had a blog! Her style is so put together, for one thing. I also really admire her color combinations (red and black being a signature for her!), like that first one, I never would have thought of that! Her style is kind of quirky with fun pin-up influences.






























There's actually a movie character she reminds me of, too! Enid of Ghost World, anyone? I love that her hair style (love the Bettie Paige bangs!), glasses, and red lips are her trademark. As for how she's influenced me, I'm really excited to try out solid colors. Most of my dresses and skirts are floral or patterned. I may even dig in my closet tonight to try to come up with something!






























Up until now, I've also kind of shied away from the Rockabilly look. But since she "rocks" (ha ha :P) the look so well, I might change my mind about that, too!





























"Mamushka" Marie, of course! Who I found on Flickr as well, but also has an awesome blog. She's a thrift addict like me! This girl has a serious knack for prints and accessories. Her dresses look like they're from a high end boutique, I'm amazed that she picked them up second hand (lucky girl!). Sometimes I skip belts/jewelry because I'm afraid of looking gawdy, but her photos make me want to go out and stock up!






























I also think her looks are really innovative. Specifically I love that she used a slip under the dress in the first photo. Her body shape seems really similar to mine too (is that weird to say??), so much so I gathered up some courage and asked her to do a dress swap! I have a bunch of plus dresses either of mine that I never got around to wearing or are going into the store. I'm so excited to pick one I think she'd like!























But that's a whole other story! :)

12 comments:

  1. What hip hip chicks!! They both have such strong individual style!! I really wish I could define my look better, but I'm too all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to say how much I love your blog..I have nothing to do with style but I would, given the time...and even then I couldn't come up with something as great as this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Both of these ladies are total cuties and quite inspiring indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mars! i'm so flattered! you're the greatest...lets get that swap on asap!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very inspiring indeed! I totally dig their style:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, thanks for featuring me, you made my day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Muija's bangs and the precious ironing pic! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, Muija totally reminds me of Enid too. She's got great style...where does she find such cute dresses??

    Of course, so does Mamushka Marie....so unique and original!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really love your 'fat love friday' posts, although i would protest that none of these ladies deserve the term fat. sometimes i feel like the style blog world focuses too much on twigs with mediocre style, and you've introduced me several lady bloggers with awesome style and curves.
    so, thank you, and keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hannah - oh, i use the word "fat" as a term of endearment! i don't mean it as obese or in any negative way at all. i know people like to use "curvy" or "plus" or any number of other things, but i say just call us what we are and let it be beautiful and okay :)!

    anyway yay i'm so glad you like them, it really makes me feel like i'm making a little dent in the fashion world :D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. total inspiration! thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah...I love that Mamushka Marie as well. I completely fell for her look the first time I saw one of her photos over at w_r. Also, thrift swaps are the best!

    ReplyDelete