Monday, July 6, 2009

Brooklyn Rehab































Black tee: American Apparel
Colorful ethnic skirt: thrifted
Wooden key necklace: Brooklyn Rehab on etsy
Sandals: Saltwater Sandals






























I wore this outfit last week sometime, just thrifting and out about, the usual stuff. My favorite part of this outfit though is definitely my new wooden key necklace from Etsy seller Brooklyn Rehab. It goes with just about everything in my closet and is beautifully handcrafted. I have a thing for keys for some reason. I have a tiny sterling silver one on a chain that I wear sometimes too. Everyone always asks me, "aww is that the key to your heart!?" And I'm like, eek...naahh, I just um, like keys...? Haha I wish there was a more sentimental reason!


























As a vintage clothing lover, it's natural that I love just about anything aged. I also am starting to have more of a rustic, primitive taste, and Alyssa's shop really suits my style! You can find anything from ceramic mushrooms to delicate doilies and I highly suggest you visit!






































(Not to mention the adorable packaging it came in, which is delightful! You'll just have to buy something to see what the fuss is about I guess xD! In fact, if you purchase any jewelry, enter the code "Friends of Mars" for a 15% discount! Just jewelery though, remember!)

And check out her blog if you can't get enough! (Like me :D)

18 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful post!

    Anyone who says "friend of Mars" will receive a 15% off discount when they purchase any necklace in my store from July 6th to July 13th. Just add the phrase "friend of Mars" in the comment section when you make a purchase. Discounts will be refunded to your paypal account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous necklace!! I adore keys too, but have no sentimental reason either!! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw...her shop is so cute, that wooden necklace of yours is too! what a great little find.

    i kinda have a thing for keys too... just like you, i really don't know where it came from and why haha. maybe its just all the different variations and how they wear over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that key is lovely! and oh no, hemming accident! you can always throw on a pair of tights to add modesty, but you'll have to wait for a cooler day. i had thought of hemming the dress myself, but i am a klutz about those types of crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wooden key with the ethnic print skirt and oh, those Saltwaters... I want!

    ReplyDelete
  6. argh i wish i had a paypal account to buy her stuff, they're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really pretty things... I am also very fond of (almost) anything retro, old and antique....

    I really like your ethnic skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute shop, pretty key.
    I don't know which started first, my love of vintage decorations or fashion. But I love them both so much! Everything from dishes, to statues, to purses! I can't get enough. But I do go thru shopping phases (or obsessions). Once you study and enjoy a decade you like many things from it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors on your skirt! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love finding lovely etsy stores. I tend to want to buy anything that is owl shaped so I think I may just have to buy one of the ceramic owls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love love love..from the photos to the amazing wood key necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That key necklace is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cute post...i love the porcelain gnome! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really really really love your necklace, I'm definitely checking etsy out! I was going to try to make a necklace with a real key on the end but the wooden version is so cool!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, are you kidding! You could never be a pest...and I totally enjoy reading your comments:) I can't wait to see which blogs you recommend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came across that shop on etsy some time ago and fell completely in love. Everything is just my taste, and I think quite clever. I've yet to make a purchase, but you've just reminded me that I should wander back to take another gander.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Do you mind if I e-mail you? I'm thinking about starting an Etsy boutique and wanted to ask you a few questions about yours. Just let me know when you get a chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look wonderful! I love the simple T with the dramatic skirt.

    And I really love that necklace... keys are one of my favorite things!

    ReplyDelete