Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thrift Shop Review - Another Day, Another Salvos!

Sorry for doing two of these in a row! I've just been so excited about finding new thrift stores I couldn't help myself! Don't be surprised if another one pops up this week, too, since I'm going thrifting again tomorrow in Akron while I visit my bestest friend in the whole wide world :D Happy day!




Salvation Army in Parma, OH on Pearl Rd.

Service: Unfortunately I didn't have much interaction with the employees. However, while maneuvering around the busy store, I said "excuse me" and smiled nervously at customers and employees, and I was a little put off when no one smiled back or actually said anything at all o_O. But, half-off days are pretty chaotic so we'll just chalk it up to that?


Selection: TONS of stuff here! They always have a ton of computers and TVs too, if you're looking for that kind of thing. They had a nice long dress aisle, too! I found a bunch of stuff this time!


Price: Pretty average as far as Salvos seem to go. They seem to mark up leather/shoes/name brands pretty high though.


Organization: There were a LOT of people working at this one. I counted at least 7 different employees buzzing around, so that probably helps with the neatness of the place. The bookcases especially were very well kept!

Overall: 8/10. I think I prefer SAs over Goodwills, but I've gotta find some more unique places!



































I was on the hunt for a good broken in '80s sweatshirt after I saw Caroline's on Wardrobe Remix, and I think I'm digging this one! I like the way it fits, and I'm always into weird artsy/tribal prints :P! This is actually a typical casual outfit for me.



























On the inside...how funny xD!





























Granny boots and oxfords for the shop...







































Oh, how I wish this fit! I also got a beaded cashmere cropped sweater for Etsy (which sadly just wouldn't photograph properly). These things should be popping up in the store hopefully before the end of the week! Although, now that I think of it, feel free to inquire about it here you fancy anything that much :).

3 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad you found my sloppy sweatshirt inspiring! This one you've found is certifiably AMAZING! The print...those colors...everything. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhm okay okay, i know im going to see you tomorrow but:

    nice sweater and really nice oxfords. can i borrow those? okay just kidding sort of.

    most importantly, is that my tube of blemish hider/healer stuff in that picture of the shoes? because i can't find mine and i need it desperately.

    also, i am not ready for my world debut! but since you gone and done it im going to try to post some interesting shit tonight.

    thanks for the shout out, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweatshirt is perfect!
    Oh Gosh I want salvation army in my country!!
    They're so good and all the stuff is just so desirable, yummmm :9

    Thank you so much for the support on my last post, Mars. You're the sweetest ever and I'm so glad to know someone like you :)

    ReplyDelete